Thursday, June 19, 2014

Modern baby quilts... still in progress and complete

My last post was about 2 modern baby quilts (Bear & Penguin) that were in progress. Well one of them is completed and the other is still in progress. Can you guess which one is complete?
 
It ended up that the penguin quilt was much simpler to quilt then the Bear has turned out to be. After each penguin was appliqued down and the backing was chosen (I chose black), it was all pinned together with batting and I quilted around the penguins, up and down the slopes and My dear husband traced some clouds in the blue sky.

 
You can see it's a light quilt; but the dimensions are really perfect for a crib at 52 x 33 inches.

 
Each penguin stands about 8 inches tall. I think they would be adorable with little purple bowties; but I think I will let the buyer decide that. You can see it here on Etsy:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/193399423/homemade-baby-penguin-crib-size-quilt?

 
And what about the Bear quilt?
 
I haven't given up hope; just become frustrated with the quilting process. It's still gorgeous and I adore it; but I'm just taking my time and letting other projects distract me.

 
The Bear is all pinned an about halfway quilted. It really is a "bear" of a project.

No comments:

Post a Comment